2009年3月23日

Alex Returns to Dung Xin


It is great to be back at Dung Xin.

As many of you already know, I was teaching at ShiDing Elementary School for the past 3 and a half months. The students, teachers and staff at ShiDing did everything to make me feel welcome and I truly enjoyed my time at their school. I also had the opportunity to give a professional development seminar on the art of storytelling. This was warmly received by the teaching and administrative staff.

Now that I am back at Dung Xin, my English teaching topics will focus on getting students to THINK. As the Grade 5 and 6 students learned last week, we want to use the WHOLE brain (identify, analyze, remember), then we can be more effective learners and be better prepared for class.

This week's lesson will ask students to think about the meaning of ETHNICITY and to think before we rush to judge others (by their appearances). For a fun visual test to identify the ethnicity of Asian-Americans, go to All Look Same. You will need to register (remember, you need not use your real name) to access the free quiz.